Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shrek Forever After 3D


Starring Mike Meyers as Shrek, Cameron Diaz as Fiona, and Eddie Murphy as Donkey.

Released by Dreamworks Animation in 3D.

Shrek, lovable Shrek.  Yes, the villagers love him, his wife and triplets love him and the creatures of fairy tales love him.  So why then is Shrek unhappy?  It grates on his nerves, all this adoration.  What wouldn't he give to be an ogre just one more day?  Perhaps a contract with Rumple? Who?  Stiltskin!!!!!!  Shrek gives one day in his life to have one day as life used to be.  When he could soak in the mud undisturbed by a caravan of "fans".  Frighten the villagers.  Have some "me" time.  When the opportunity presents itself Shrek finds the temptation irresistible.

The 3D animation is well-done (though my glasses were far too large) and the story was enthralling.  But, are you supposed to cry at an animated flick?  I didn't think so!!!  So, call me a baby, whatever!  This film was touching, and like Hook, reminds us of the important things in life.  What does it take to remember what matters most?

Rated:  4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm going to read your movie reviews from now on, to see if a movie is one I want to see. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! I'm glad you stopped by!!

    ReplyDelete