Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Just Saw the Last Harry Potter Movie - WOW!





Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ("The Motion Picture Event of a Generation")

I know I am a bit slow in getting to the theatre to see the last movie in the Harry Potter series, but better late than never.  Two people warned me of the death of a certain someone (not necessarily the nefarious Voldemort) and I went in feeling a sense of doom.  It has been forever since I read the last novel and how quickly I forgot the finite details that came to life tonight in the movie.  As each sequence enveloped on the big screen, in 3D nonetheless, memories also came to life and I caught myself cheering out loud in a nearly empty theatre.  Sadly, I was alone in the vocal cheers, though I know everyone present cheered or booed or cried secretly, I just know it.

All in all the movie is one of the absolute best book to movie productions, particularly in the Harry Potter realm.  I loved it!  If you have not yet seen it, haul your ...... out the door and go to the theatre!!  

I will not further analyze the film as far as acting, which was superb, nor the plot, true to the book, nor the special effects (I don't think 3D was necessary for full satisfaction), but suffice it to say this is one you will want to add to your collection. (as previously posted on my book review blog, http://shirley-mybookshelf.blogspot.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment